New Blog Plz Visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense bro, but there is a single post on a blogspot blog. That's awesome that you're documenting your experience as a home brewer, but there isn't enough content to start directing people there yet. My advice is post regularly about your experiences (good, but especially the bad ones), include a lot of photos and wait until you have at least 20 blog entries before you pimp your blog.

Love the background graphic!

But I also wonder about the mash at 170 degrees - if that number is accurate, you probably denatured most of your enzymes within a few minutes and ended up with incomplete conversion.

Looks good, I like the background too. One question on the info, You say that all grain is more time and effort. When I go to AG I am considering skipping partial all together and jumping straight in (this will be in the distant future though). From what I read I would consider partial to be the most time/effort of all the methods as you are basically doing and extract and a AG at the same time. Any clarification on this?

First of all, I agree. If you're to make a blog you need more information before people will bother reading it. We're all excited about brewing and all, sure, but why would we read your blog if it provides no new information.

Second, your temp control regime, your mashing, and your process all have flaws and I would look into those things more if you're going to put information out into the world.

Finally, if you're going to put out information, PLEASE edit. Your case is terribly mixed and your punctuation is terrible. It was hard to get through for me.

Wow. Well my mistake. I've done about 8 batches so far and only 2 partial-mash. So im not incredibly experienced. Sorry i wasted your time and everything. :(:( and further more, i didnt mash at 170F that was the temp. of my strike water. I said it wrong.

If I were you, I would just write up all the batches you have done with all the notes you have taken/remember. That should get you a decent amount of post to read through. Then just keep going, keep brewing and keep blogging. Have you started drinking the other 7 batches? How did they taste?
I would agree with the punctuation though, I know I can be bad at it sometimes on the forum but I really does help to make things easier to read (and therefore people will continue to read and follow your progress).
Also a post about you setup would be another good addition to the blog.

If I were you, I would just write up all the batches you have done with all the notes you have taken/remember. That should get you a decent amount of post to read through. Then just keep going, keep brewing and keep blogging. Have you started drinking the other 7 batches? How did they taste?
I would agree with the punctuation though, I know I can be bad at it sometimes on the forum but I really does help to make things easier to read (and therefore people will continue to read and follow your progress).
Also a post about you setup would be another good addition to the blog.

thank you for being nicer about it. and thanks for the advice

I wasn't trying to be mean. If you want to be successful at anything, you need to be critical about it. This kind of criticality is what makes people better at what they do.

No problems, but do take their advice on mash temperatures and stuff. There is a lot of knowledge on here and I don't think anyone is here to look down on other less experienced brewers, just some people are blunter than others when it comes to advice, take all the advice you can but don't take anything too personally. We are all here to help.
Bluntness is good, without it everyone would just tell everyone they are doing great not matter what they are doing.

t-bag, dont listen to all these negative do-gooders. People are always critical of those who try to achieve a goal. Do the blog just as you see fit. These folks are not experts.

t-bag, dont listen to all these negative do-gooders. People are always critical of those who try to achieve a goal. Do the blog just as you see fit. These folks are not experts.

Thanks Paula Abdul. Our combined posts did more to help him than your "you can be anything you want to be" nonsense. He asked for feedback and he got constructive, actionable criticism. I have written multiple successful blogs on a variety of topics so I know what I'm talking about.

Oh Good.... NorCal is a blog expert too.

Indeed :mug:

t-bag, another thing that hasn't been mentioned is you need to determine what the point of your blog is. Revenue, Personal Journal, Reference Material? I would suggest eliminating the reference material goal because there is already a wealth of information on forums like this. If the goal is revenue then you need to start formulating your posts so they drive the most traffic and keep people interested in returning. Then you can implement affiliate links to stores or Google Adsense ads to make money. If the goal is just a personal journal then who cares what we all think?

Tbag, the most important thing to remember these days is to NOT immulate anything from Cali. Theirs is a failed State. All the talented folks from the Golden State have or in the process of moving to TX, NV, CO, NM.....and that includes beer brewing and blogs.
Just follow your ideas for the Beer Blog. The best part is, there are no consequences for a failed blog....just experience.

Tbag, the most important thing to remember these days is to NOT immulate anything from Cali. Theirs is a failed State. All the talented folks from the Golden State have or in the process of moving to TX, NV, CO, NM.....and that includes beer brewing and blogs.
Just follow your ideas for the Beer Blog. The best part is, there are no consequences for a failed blog....just experience.

Emulate? (10)

Back