New Belgium Pumpkick clone recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArchiBish

Reaction score
Hey all. Looking for some help. I just tried the New Belgium Pumpkick for the first time (a fall ale that was put out in August... Still trying to figure that out) and it knocked my socks off. It's a not-too-sweet pumpkin ale with cranberry and wheatgrass to even out the sweet. Loved it. Want to make it. I've only brewed three beers so far and don't know where to start. Any suggestions on a similar recipe?

Loving the forum and thanks in advance for your help!
Cheers,
Erik in Oregon

Pumpkick is good, but really, any pumpkin ale that isn't too malty/sweet would be great. Looking for subtle herb/fruit/spice. Crisp! Thanks again!

I'm also a big fan of Pumpkick. I've done a little research and I don't think that anyone has come up with a clone (at least not one that they are willing to share yet). Might need to do some brainstorming and figure out a best guess for a recipe?

Looks that way. I'm nervous about cranberries and lemongrass. I went with another recipe this round. If I ever do come up with something I'll be sure to post it!

Back