new belgium le terroir sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyebrewing

Reaction score
Drinking this now, fresh to my local liquor store right out of a new case. I don't know much about sour beers, but this is some tasty stuff. Dry hopped with amarillo makes this amazing! I love this beer and makes me want to try more sours, but I am curious if this beer is a good example of a sour or an interpretation of the style? For those who have tried it, let me know..

Le Terroir is definitely it's own beast. I can't say that I've had anything quite like it before.

That being said there's a whole world of sour beers out there to try, each different and unique in it's own way.

A few of my favorites are:

The Duchesse de Bourgone - This one is sour and sweet, in fact it's fairly sweet for it's style, but it's one darn tasty brew.

Rodenbach - You have to try this beer.

Jolly Pumpkin's Madrugada Obscura - It's an imperial stout that's been fermented with various bugs, and is hands down one of the best beers I've ever had.

Yeah Rodenbach Grand Cru is a must try if you want to try more sours. Really the grandfather of the Flemish Red style of sour. If you can get ahold of a bottle try the New Belgium/Allagash called Vrienden. Also great stuff. here is my vid review for the Grand Cru if you want to see what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
wedge421 said:
Yeah Rodenbach Grand Cru is a must try if you want to try more sours. Really the grandfather of the Flemish Red style of sour.

Rodenbach Grand Cru is amazing. I'd say Duchesse de Bourgogne is up there as well.

skyebrewing said:
Well my local bevmo has rodenbach all the time, so a trip is in order tomorrow!

If they have any of the Rodenbach Vintage line, make sure to pick some up as well. The Vintage 2007 is mad tasty.

I live in the bfe (bum f* egypt) of california. Basic rodenbach is a blessing.. don't ask for bonuses

I have a bottle of Le Terroir (my new favorite sour) and a bottle of the Duchesse (my previous favorite sour) in my fridge right now waiting to celebrate our move to a new place.

Being from Michigan originally, I've been a fan of Jolly Pumpkin beers for a long time. I've not tried Rodenbach, cut I will be sure to now.

I'd love to find a clone recipe for Le Terroir, especially since I can't find it on shelf anymore. I've got a flanders red that's been on bugs for over a year that I'm dying to break into. Hope it'll have some good sour funk as well.

Le Terroir is definitely it's own beast. I can't say that I've had anything quite like it before.

That being said there's a whole world of sour beers out there to try, each different and unique in it's own way.

A few of my favorites are:

The Duchesse de Bourgone - This one is sour and sweet, in fact it's fairly sweet for it's style, but it's one darn tasty brew.

Jolly Pumpkin's Madrugada Obscura - It's an imperial stout that's been fermented with various bugs, and is hands down one of the best beers I've ever had.

I recently tried my first sours. Had a Berliner-weisse, wasn't a fan. Duchesse, on the other hand, blew me away. I'm gonna give Rodenbach a try here soon just to see how it compares to Duchesse. I might have to try this New Belgium one too ;)

Le Terroir was fantastic. It definitely made me want to dryhop a sour. It's also definitely not representative of any sour "style"- it pretty much stands on its own.

Back