New Belgium 2 Below recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave the Brewer

Reaction score
I LOVE New Belgium 2 Below! I need a recipe, I tasted some caramel malt sweetness. The website said they used liberty hops, anyone have a recipe; or any idea what could make a beer so wonderful?! Please!

You can taste a Fat Tire base with toasted barley as well.

The bottle also says there's a use of Sterling and Liberty hops and dry hopping. I would take a basic Fat Tire clone, add a 1/2 pound of toasted barley and substitute Sterling for bittering, Liberty for aromatic (with a higher IBU count than Fat Tire) and 1/2 ounce of each for dry hopping in the secondary.

I share your fondness for this year's 2 Below and I would also like to find a recipe that's been brewed, tested and compared.

I really thought last years 2 below was better than this years, but it is also possible my tasted have refined/changed.

I tried it for the first time this year, and I'm impressed. It's really tasty.

As an off-topic side note, I just dropped in an application at New Belgium for a microbiologist job for which I am totally underqualified, even with a Ph.D....

Back