New Beer Man on the Planet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabear

Reaction score
:rockin: Hello my fellow beer men. I thought I would finally introduce myself after lurking for many, many hours. I'm enjoying my very first batch of beer right now. I would like to say thanks to everyone who posted up some information to help me get started. So far, I've been hanging out at the Cider making forums, and after making some killer cider batches, I've decided to cross the tracks into beer making.

My first batch was a DME Northwest Ale kit. Then I did a batch of Mac & Jack's clone. I bottled both beers, and am drinking them 5 days after bottling. They still have some conditioning & carb to go, but the product is already exquisite!

Today i made my first all-grain beer using 8 lbs. of two row & 1 lb. 40L. I used centennial hops for bitters and put in a little more centennial, plus the skin off a whole lemon toward the end.

I didn't realize how good my beer could turn out. And I didn't realize how it is not that difficult, once you have the stuff to do it. Anyway, I feel like I've been liberated, now that I can make my own beer!!! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Enjoy! It's always good to read from excited brewers. It makes me want to go brew right now. Also, congratulations on your first all-grain, and welcome to the rabbit hole.

Thanks. I enjoyed making the all grain batch the best. I'm looking forward to trying it. The gravity reading ended up at 1.050. Doggone mash tun I made worked like magic.

If you left out the lemon it would taste like Bells Two Hearted. Curious to hear what the lemon did.

After reading up on what grains give what flavors,I'm even more excited with my partial mash brewing. So many flavors,so little time. Seems that you're there as well,so have fun & run with it!:ban:

I didn't give it too much lemon. Just wanted a hint in the taste of the beer. It sure smells good going into the fermenter & you can detect the lemon. I'm not a big fan of flavored beers, but I wanted to make this beer thirst quenching. Just a shot in the dark. I'll give a report after I've tried this batch, in case someone else might want to try it. Never heard of Bell Two Hearted. Have to check that out!

Back