New beer fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myke_J

Reaction score
So I have a friend that works for Pepsi and he gets all kinds of sweet deals on stuff that is getting thrown out. He gets me cheap cornies, tons of gas and liquid lines, and cornie disconnects. Well he just grabbed three display fridges cheap and I got the last one for $80. I already have a keezer that fits 4 kegs, so this will be my auxiliary fridge for keeping full kegs cool and storing bottles. Here it is in all it's glory along with some of my cellar collection :mug:

img1279323998507.jpg

img1279323998757.jpg

img1279323999100.jpg

Now you need to replace that Aquafina artwork with a nice brewery logo or something.

I have a friend that prints custom graphics, wraps, and stickers for cars as a side business. I was going to have him make something for the front there in black with a white background so it really pops when I have the light on. I may have him wrap the whole fridge with something cool while I'm at it.

Nice! I have an old 1950's fridge that needs some serious TLC. But i have thought about having it painted on all sides like a big tiki god. "Bow to beergod!"

So we can assume you have a third fridge for lagering?

I don't have a third fridge for lagering... yet :D

I will probably use this one for fermenting in the summers too. Most of the year my spare room stays around 65-68, but for about 2 years in the summer it's 72-80. So far, from experimenting with the built in thermostat, I can get this fridge down to low 30's and up to mid 60's. Should be perfect for a fermentation chamber or lagering fridge.

Finally got around to wiring this thing up with a Johnson Controls A419. I've got two fresh hop ales fermenting in it now holding 68-69 degrees :mug:

c75cf3be.jpg

Back