New assistant brewmaster at The Walker Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Her name is Brownie, and she was rescued from the SPCA this weekend. She is my 3 year old son's Christmas present from Mom and Dad. She seems pretty happy at her new job, and she has been instructed to stay away from the hops.

brownie.jpg

-walker

That's one good looking dog if I do say so myself :) Almost resembles your avatar a bit too, although admittedly more handsome ;)

yeah, she's cute and listens VERY well. She has already taken ownership of the house and all those that reside therein. If another man is in the house, she plops her butt right down on top of my feet and gives a low growl. It's not menacing in anyway, just her way of stating that I belong to her.

It wasn't displayed in this pic, but her bottom jaw is slightly offset to the right, and this causes her bottom right K9 tooth to jutt out of her mouth most of the time.

Combine that with the fact that she is very likely the runt of her litter (knee-high and just about done growing), and she pretty much gets whatever she wants. A petite, smushface with a snaggle tooth on display seems to melt most people.

My 11 month daughter thinks she is pretty darn funny, but only from a distance of more than 2 feet. They have some issues to work out with regard to 'personal space'.

-walker

Walker said:
My 11 month daughter thinks she is pretty darn funny, but only from a distance of more than 2 feet. They have some issues to work out with regard to 'personal space'.

-walker

LOL...that's funny.

Cute dog too! I guess this is game to turn this into a dog thread....here are ours.....

Mickey on the left, Dixie on the right.

dags.jpg

Nice-looking dog!

My parents just adopted a dog from a shelter, too. Poor thing had been abused, but now she's spoiled rotten by my dad.

yeah, it feels to good to have rescued her. I don't know how long she was a stray or how she got that way, but it's clear that her diet had been terrible for some time. You can count her ribs visually and she's got some pretty bad dandruff due to malnutrition, but she'll probably be fat and shiny in a few months time.

-walker

Denny's Brew said:
even kinda has that drank a few bourban's look in his eyes. Or is that the "Stay away form my bourban" look? :)

If it were the "stay away" look, I think we'd see a few teeth showing.

-walker

ORRELSE said:
LOL....at least you don't have to worry if you ever run out of toilet paper.... :D I'm kidding.....cute pup!
Hey! That dog saved El P's beer! More respect please!:)

ORRELSE said:
LOL....at least you don't have to worry if you ever run out of toilet paper.... :D
That's pretty much what I've always thought about anything smaller than 100 lb...just filler for the chili. :D But, the kids wanted a dog, and it turns out poodles aren't allergenic for some reason. I'll give the little yipper this tho...he's the smartest animal I've ever been around, by far.

El Pistolero said:
But, the kids wanted a dog, and it turns out poodles aren't allergenic for some reason.

Long hair, terriers too so they don't shed as much. Could be making that up, though. We'd like a dog, but wouldn't want to subject one to our backyard (or lack of).

Back