New around here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superkabuto

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered my beginner's kit and first recipe. I used to brew years ago, but gave it up and am looking to get back into it now. Now that I've been researching it again I realize that I really knew almost nothing about brewing when I did it years ago, and am looking forward to learning more. I've participated in some other forums and have found them to be very helpful in terms of learning the ins and outs of new hobbies, and so I am sure Homebrewtalk will be of great use to me.

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Rich

EDIT: Ooops, this should probably be in the "Introductions" topic. Maybe someone could move it there?

No way! It's stuck here now, so we can pick on you about your noobness.

Check it out guys, this one posted an introduction in the Chit Chat area! LOL!!!!111

Ok, that was not as fun as I thought it was going to be.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will find lots and lots of great info here. Don't be afraid to use the search function or ask questions. We're here to help you.

LOL!! Ok, I guess I deserve to have my introduction sit here and be ignored. I'm not afraid to ask questions, I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't!

Thanks,

Rich

Hey Rich. What part of Central PA you from? It seems pretty much everywhere calls them "central" PA -from Harrisburg/Lebanon out to almost Johnstown and all the way up to the true center of the state (Centre county).

I grew up in Bellefonte for 16 years, lived in Wilkes-Barre and near Hershey.

Hey Superkabuto, I went camping / hiking in northcentral PA a few times. Insanely great area, and so many deer they almost come up to shake your hand.

Rich,

Welcome. You did come to the right place. HBT is one of the best boards I have come across. Lots of good information and a never ending stream of ways to spend your money and time.

You will find many, many people willing to help, most with their own "best" way of doing things. This will lead to many an interesting discussion, followed soon by argument, then bickering until it finally disintegrates into crazy off-topicness and boobies.

So read, read, read. Don't forget to use the search and ask away. You will be amazed how helpful the members here are.

cheers,
jason

Hey Rich. What part of Central PA you from? It seems pretty much everywhere calls them "central" PA -from Harrisburg/Lebanon out to almost Johnstown and all the way up to the true center of the state (Centre county).

I grew up in Bellefonte for 16 years, lived in Wilkes-Barre and near Hershey.

I am indeed in Centre County. State College, actually, a stone's throw from Bellefonte, as you know.

Rich,

Welcome. You did come to the right place. HBT is one of the best boards I have come across. Lots of good information and a never ending stream of ways to spend your money and time.

You will find many, many people willing to help, most with their own "best" way of doing things. This will lead to many an interesting discussion, followed soon by argument, then bickering until it finally disintegrates into crazy off-topicness and boobies.

So read, read, read. Don't forget to use the search and ask away. You will be amazed how helpful the members here are.

cheers,
jason

Jason,

Thanks for the greeting. Many people have helped me already, and I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive! I know there's a gold mine of info buried in this forum, and when I get some time I'll start searching around for useful things.

Rich

Back