New... and would like some recipe feed back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodybass

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been home brewing on and off for about 5 years. I order recipe kits from a LHBS that I use to frequent when I still lived in Oregon. I believe they are partial grain kits. They usually come with a tub of extract and a bag of misc grains. Anyway I just downloaded Beersmith, and am really eager to craft my own recipe. I was playing around with the recipe and I think I came up with something drinkable. I'm really new to the idea of recipe design and really have know clue about individual ingrediants so this is pretty much a complete shot in the dark. Any feed back would be great.

Belgian Malinois Strawberry Witbier ( 5 gal batch )

2lbs 8oz- Wheat liquid extract
2lbs - Wheat flaked
1lb 12oz - Pale Malt (2 row)
1lb - Candi Sugar (clear)
1lb - Barley, Torrefied
1.25oz - Strisslepalt Hops
1 - White Labs #WLP410
3lbs - Frozen strawberries ( secondary fermentation )

Thanks for any feed back and criticism :mug:

When I try to build a recipe from scratch I usually bounce them off the style guides (usually comes in the software) to see if they are within the right and left limits, then customize IBUs, ABV and SRM from there.

That being said it looks like beer - don't know those hops - but it looks like it'll ferment!

Cheers!

PS

I grew up in Wyo - Jackson Hole

Jackson Hole nice .... Snake River cranks out some quality brews. Thanks for the feed back I think I might go ahead and try it.

Cheers to WYO!!! Born and raised just a little south of JH. Lived in JH a year. Poor snow year like this one.

Back