New American Wheat Tap Handle Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
Continuing the series using our dogs in our labels, heres a tap handle label for the delicious wheat beer currently residing in our second keg.

Not my favorite from the series, but its pretty fun (especially since rory, the beastie in teh label, really is a glutton for punishment).

Here are our tap handles, btw, so you can see how this shape works on the handle.

evandam

Reaction score
Damn those are bad ass. I was proud of mine, but those look pro.

How did you do those? Looks like they are permanent. Mine are reusable, the labels are just laminated and I tape them on.

Man again those look good.

OP
FairbanksBrewinNoob

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing. We reuse our labels too. They are laminated and stuck on with 3M easy off sticky tabs. I just print them at the right size, trim the corners and they are good to go.

OP
FairbanksBrewinNoob

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
BTW, I made the tap handles themselves from a couple of sawed off craft table legs from Michaels and some little craft wood plaques.

Anbrew

Reaction score
Damn those are bad ass. I was proud of mine, but those look pro.

How did you do those? Looks like they are permanent. Mine are reusable, the labels are just laminated and I tape them on.

Man again those look good.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on in your setup...is that a freezer on top of a freezer?

evandam

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out what is going on in your setup...is that a freezer on top of a freezer?
No it is just a wooden collar that is placed on top of the freezer, This gives me somewhere to drill the holes for the shanks and also allows 2 additional kegs to fit on top of the compressor hump. I sealed it with some silicone and put the lid back on the wood. Wood is a fair insulator so It stays a nice 40 - 44. I'm sure I could go colder if I wanted.

I'm sure there are some articles in the DIY forum about doing this. It is pretty common.

Erick