New addition to my brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I added this winch to my brew stand today. I do BIAB and it's getting harder and harder to lift the wet grain bag out of my brew pot. I'm going to install a hook and pulley in the ceiling in my garage and use the winch to pull the strainer basket out of my brew pot after mash is done. I bought the winch at Harbor Freight on sale and I had a 25% off coupon. Can't wait to give it a try. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439066950.893813.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439066973.856464.jpg

That stand is pretty heavy. And I can always add weight to it if I have to. Only one way to know and that's. to brew on it.

That stand is pretty heavy. And I can always add weight to it if I have to. Only one way to know and that's. to brew on it.

LOL! Please, do a test lift with unheated water first.

Figure out how much your worst-case bag weight would be and see if you can lift that without the stand moving.
Fix whatever needs fixing, then it'll be safe to brew on...

Cheers!

I'm not stupid. I plan on testing it tomorrow. Like I said I can always add weight to the stand. Thanks for replying.

Back