Never tried anyone else's home brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
I Find this to be an odd thing, never once have i tried someone elses home brew... i got into this hobby myself out of curiosity, yet. No one else i know has picked up on the home brewing thing.

anyone else going through that as well?

Also, i'm going to my first home brew club "meeting" tomorrow as a drop in... anyone have any hints? tips? i dont have any home brew to bring at the moment, pipe line is cleaned out, but getting filled back up as we speak!

Sounds like you'll be trying other folks' homebrew soon enough. Way to go joining a home brew club. It makes the hobby a lot more enjoyable to share it with others.

And if that group is anything like the Zymurgists of The Ozarks, bringing a high quality commercial beer will suit them just as well as homebrew.

ah, that might work... i have some older barley wines and such i could bring along.

Bring along something cool, or weird, or rare. Beer geeks won't care if it's homebrewed or not at the club meeting. If it is homebrewed, you will get tasting notes. Also, consider setting aside some 12-16 oz bottles on future batches for beer competitions, even if they're just inter-group tastings and reviews. Just bring them cold with a few cups.

Rivenin said:
I Find this to be an odd thing, never once have i tried someone elses home brew... i got into this hobby myself out of curiosity, yet. No one else i know has picked up on the home brewing thing.

anyone else going through that as well?

Also, i'm going to my first home brew club "meeting" tomorrow as a drop in... anyone have any hints? tips? i dont have any home brew to bring at the moment, pipe line is cleaned out, but getting filled back up as we speak!

No, I've had the fortunate experience of getting into the hobby with a few others and we usually pin ball different recipes and such off each other. It has been a good learning experience and motivator to get better.

thanks for the words guys!
brought a bottle of 6 month old 120 to share between them.
and SWMBO bought me this shirt and said i had to wear it... i fear i may stick out like a sore thumb... lol

ethanol_molecule.jpg

I'm the same way. None of my friends are into home brewing at all, but they sure will drink my beer. I got into the hobby because I was interested in the process and wanted to create something on my own. I have a few coworkers who brew, but have not yet had a chance to try any of their beers. I guess its time I join a brew club.

None of my friends do it either. One of my coworkers is trying but he has trouble finding the time. I plan on dropping in at the local brew club next month. I also made friends with a local mirco brewery and had the chance to help out on one of their brews. They invited me back so that went well!

Not that bizzare. Well, maybe in Portland since it's hipster craft brew capital.

I've only had 3 peoples homebrew before. I'm not in a club or anything and other than my brother in law I don't really know anyone else that I actually hang out with that is a homebrewer.

Tomorrow will be my first meeting too. While I am anxious to try other beers I am not sure I have the guts to share my own. We will see how it goes.

Leaving here in about 20. Time to meet some like minded people!

Wow. So Kurt and rob widmer were both there along with Fred eckhart! Excellent meeting.

Back