Needs more flavor, can I add to the keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbGator

Reaction score
I brewed a 10 gallon batch of Christmas ale last month and I kegged it. out of the secondary it had a strong chocolate smell and taste, I wanted the ginger and cinnamon to be more potent. When I first tried it out of the keg when it was carbonated, it tasted amazing and had the flavor that I was looking for from the ginger and cinnamon. 4 days later those tastes were gone. I'm wondering if I can add more of the spices to the keg and get them back. Should I add the same amount that I added to the boil, or just add a little and see if I like it and continue to add more until the desired taste is acquired? Just don't want to mess up the beer.

Yes you can add. I'd pour a small amount into a bottle and add small measured amounts and taste it in a few days and see what it tastes like. Then scale up to keg size as needed.

Back