Need some quick advice!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4car223

Reaction score
I was just tasked with taking over the keg for my mother-in-laws wedding. My father-in-law left me a full wet bar with single tap and a kegerator. The MIL wants me to go the submerged in ice route, due to the wedding being in a spot on their farm to far away from electricity.

They want me to get it set up with my CO2 tank and a picnic tap. I haven't been able to put the keg system in the house to work yet so I don't know what I am up against.

It appears that I can disconnect the liquid line from the tap and run new liquid line to a picnic tap? It looks like 1/4" hose (could be 3/16), so if all I have to do is run new hose to attach to it, how log should it be at 1/4"? Should I have several feet of it coiled in the ice?

Help! Already in enough trouble with the soon to be ex wifey!!!

Edit: They are wanting a Half Keg of Sam Adams. I have 3 different taps, one of which fits on the empty half keg of Bud Light in the kegerator...so I assume I can use that same tap for Sam Adams after some cleaning?

Last edited:
It will be the same sankey connection on BL and Sam Adams. CO2 in the side, beer out of the top. Check the link:
https://www.kegworks.com/ubertap-1-faucet-draft-beer-keg-tap-us-sankey-d-coupler

Obviously the side hose connects to your CO2 tank instead of that foot pump. Set CO2 regulator to 12 psi, make sure to hose clamp the picnic tap to the tubing (3/16 or 1/4 will work) so drunks don't pull it off on accident. CO2 to keg line can be any length, 4 feet is plenty for the liquid side and doesn't need to be in ice. Longer means less foam, presenting the perfect head probably not your main concern.

It will be the same sankey connection on BL and Sam Adams. CO2 in the side, beer out of the top. Check the link:
https://www.kegworks.com/ubertap-1-faucet-draft-beer-keg-tap-us-sankey-d-coupler

Obviously the side hose connects to your CO2 tank instead of that foot pump. Set CO2 regulator to 12 psi, make sure to hose clamp the picnic tap to the tubing (3/16 or 1/4 will work) so drunks don't pull it off on accident. CO2 to keg line can be any length, 4 feet is plenty for the liquid side and doesn't need to be in ice. Longer means less foam, presenting the perfect head probably not your main concern.

:mug: Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much. Will be ordering the stuff I am missing in the morning. I'll grab some photos when I can.

Back