Need some quick advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoCoPoboy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

getting ready to bottle my Wine im using pint sized mason jars, and i was wondering if somebody could tell me how much Potassium metabisulfite i should use to bottle and how long i need to wait?

any advice would be great also feel free to bash if im doing this wrong...need some constructive criticism.

JoCoPoboy said:
Hey guys,

getting ready to bottle my Wine im using pint sized mason jars, and i was wondering if somebody could tell me how much Potassium metabisulfite i should use to bottle and how long i need to wait?

any advice would be great also feel free to bash if im doing this wrong...need some constructive criticism.

I use 1/4 tsp for five gallons. So I'd mix it in bulk, then bottle.

i think my bottle says 1/8 tsp per gallon, also make sure your jars dont leak air, if they leak enough the wine could oxidize and turn to vinegar..

Honda88 said:
i think my bottle says 1/8 tsp per gallon, also make sure your jars dont leak air, if they leak enough the wine could oxidize and turn to vinegar..

Don't use that much, 1/4 tsp per 6 gallons gives you 75 ppm of free SO2.

correction 1/8 tsp per gallon is 100ppm sorry i misread, also commercial allowance is 200ppm

Back