Need some hose help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmystank

Reaction score
So I made the stepup to a keggle so in turn I got a larger immersion chiller (50' x 3/8"). I would like to use my smaller chiller (25' x 1/2") in some ice water before the large one. Anyways, as you can imagine the tubing I used on the smaller one wont easily plug onto the new one (too wide). Anybody got any ideas on how I could go about making this happen?

Either you need to use a conversion fitting to step down the big copper tube or buy bigger ID hose and put a sweat or compression hose barb onto the 3/8" Copper.

Have you tried heating it up in some hot water, might just give you enough stretch to man handle it onto the chiller.

Well the problem is going from a large diameter tubing coming off the 1/2" small IC and connecting it to the 3/8" large IC. Anyways, I found my solution. Connect the two hoses with a "1/2" x 3/8"MPT Brass Reducing Hex Nipple". Bam!!!!

Back