Need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok i just racked my beer to the 2ed fermenter and 8 hours after its out of control
Its Bubbling so much
And i know if i dont watch it im going to have a blow off

Is there any way that i can prevent it from fomeing over or atlest slowing down the activte of the beer so i dont get a blow off:drunk:

Thanks for the help

How long did you wait before moving it to the secondary? Typically, you should wait about a week, but shouldn't move it while it's still bubbling - you've still got active fermentation going on.

If it's super active, throw a blow off tube in it

Well i did wait 6 days like it said to befor i racked it there was little bubbles so i thought it would be ok

And now i dont got a blow off tube so yea uhhhhh...

The gr was at 1.023 when i racked it started at 1.038

Im useing a Glass 6 Gal Carboy
I made a blow off tube with my Siphon hose and my airlock by puting one end into the air lock and the other end in a 4lt icecream pail I think it shoud work any ideals

Cloud_Strife144 said:
Im useing a Glass 6 Gal Carboy
I made a blow off tube with my Siphon hose and my airlock by puting one end into the air lock and the other end in a 4lt icecream pail I think it sould work any ideals

That will work - just fill the pail 1/4 - 1/2 full of sanatizer solution, or even some vodka, boiled water ...or just regular water as a last option

Ok i did as you said i hooked up a blow off tube

But about me racking to early .. Did i **** up anything will it be all good??

Thanks for the fast help too thanks

Cloud_Strife144 said:
Ok i did as you said i hooked up a blow off tube

But about me racking to early .. Did i **** up anything will it be all good??

Thanks for the fast help too thanks

You'll still have beer - don't worry! It may not be as good as it could have been, but it should still be darn tasty.

Chalk it up as a learning experience :) We all make mistakes - thankfully it's a pretty forgiving hobby.

Sweet thanks man for the help ill keep the the beer updated

Bye for now Im headed to the wine store to pick some stuff up for my nixed batch:rockin:

Back