Need some help with auber pid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abarker8541

Reaction score
I have read the 'instructions' on this pid but im still not getting it. I set the 'sn' to 21 for my rtd probe but its not readingthe temp. Any advice???

Im trying to give as much info as possible. I just powered up my control panel....i have used a pid before but apparently it was already programmed. Im trying to get the pis to read the temp of the liquid. I havent autotuned or done any programming to it yet

Check your wiring. The PID isn't seeing the probe. It's not that it isn't reading temp correctly, it isn't seeing the probe.

I can't help but I can say that as long as the rest works i would use handheld and brew. I have only used mine once and didnt use probe but i can see where it would be convenient. I like cleaning my kettle without anything in it. It has a special error code for probe are you getting that

Are the rtd sensors plugged in? Have you checked the wiring to them?

this has happened to me a couple times with the cheap stainless braided probe wires... I went through 3 of them where the wires would eventually develop shorts at the probe end... Went with most robust teflon shielded cables / quick disconnect pt100 probes and all is good now... if your getting all UUUU then something is wrong with the wiring or probe connection.

I held the button to get into the settings yes. For now it just reads orAL orAL on sv and pv...
your in the settings menu and thats not where you need to be to just set a temp setpoint... sorry im not familier with the auber units but on mine I just hit the set button and scroll to the digit I want to change then hit set again...

maybe do a search on youtube for auber pid and see if any tutorials come up?

Call them they're really nice I did because I didn't want to read the manual which I did anyways. Be ready to decipher a pretty thick accent but they're helpful

Back