Need some help guys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedge_87

Reaction score
So I am getting married in june. I've been trying to think of something to engrave on my groomsmen beer mugs. I'm looking for something that is funny yet still a little classy. Anybody have any ideas?

Not sure about ideas for funny. Kinda reminds me of something one might get from Spencer Gifts (if you know that place ;-)

But for a bit more of the classy note ...

Your family crest ... particularly if you have a traditional anglo last name, that might be fairly easy to find.

A hops graphic ... you might try a google image search for "hops" plus "tattoo" for some cool designs.

A representation of a Saber Arch ... wiki:"saber arch". (might take some fancy design ... not many graphics for saber arch out there ... but it would look cool on a beer tankard!)

All three of the above combined onto the mug.

The type of mug probably affects the sort of graphic you might use. A Stein (fwiw lidded steins are pretty cool) allows for a color graphic ... whereas a glass mug or a pewter tankard is more for a line drawing.

Ok ... so a covered pewter tankard with an etching of your family crest and crossed swords above it surrounded by a garland of hops vines.

You could but something like, "My friend Hedge got me this cool glass that I may continually celebrate his new life with his new wife, <insert bride's name here>!"

I've always been a fan of the koozies given out at the reception with the phrase "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold" :)

Really drove home the "Dang, I missed that chance" when the friend I almost dated in college had those at her reception...and they were camouflage.

I've always been a fan of the koozies given out at the reception with the phrase "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold" :)

Really drove home the "Dang, I missed that chance" when the friend I almost dated in college had those at her reception...and they were camouflage.

We are doing the koozie deal at the reception too! It was the fiance's idea to boot

Back