Need some drinkable beer ASAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerly

Reaction score
I was reading through some recipes in the Joy of homebrewing book and came across a few that he says will be good in two weeks after brewing. Being that I have just come through a short drought of brewing and now have 3 batches sitting in carboys, with the earliest plan to drink them still four weeks off, but nothing ready to drink, I need some beer.

Does anyone have any recipes they brew for this? It seems like british milds and other lower gravity beers are the quickest. If you have a recipe that went from brewpot to drinkable glass in two weeks please post it.

I need something to pass the time with so I can let the others age properly.

Fast American Wheats still take 3 weeks if you force carb...5 if bottle... Sorry, can't help

Well, it looks like I'll have to give one of the recipes in the book a try. Seems low gravity and low hops are what they all seem to have in common.

I want to prevent me from getting impatient and force carbing one and drinking it before its time. I do that to much. I've found that any store bought just isn't a substitute.

Beer snob I guess. And I'm a sloppy brewer. I can imagine what some of you hardcore's brew up.

Back