Need some advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y2jrock60

Reaction score
I'm really not sure where to ask this question, but I'm going to give this thread a shot since it's somewhat related to beer.

My best friend got married this past weekend, which was actually a pretty fun time. We consumed copious amounts of alcohol two days prior to the wedding, and of course, during the wedding. Good times:mug:.

I helped him build his bar a few months back, with me doing the majority of the work. However, we never entirely finished it. He hasn't had too much time or money to work on it.

I told him that I was planning on getting him a wedding gift and I would get it to him when he came back from his honeymoon in Jamaica. My gift is finishing his bar, which is a surprise.

I've been working on his bar the last two days. I installed all the trim along with an awesome footrest, stained the trim, hardwired a few undercabinet lights to a dimmer under the bar, and a lot of touch up work. I've probably invested about 12 hours of work into the project. I plan on polyurethaning the trim tomorrow, cleaning up, and making everything look nice.

I really hope he likes his wedding gift, I thought it was creative. I've put a lot of work and thought into it. Everyone else just got them your typical cash valued gift. This one encompassed a lot of sweat and time. The finial touch to the project will be a bottle of each of their favorite liquor on top of the bar along with a card.

Here comes my question. What should I put on the card. I'm not good with coming up with things to write to someone who just got married. I'm sure there are a lot of you experience folks out that who can help me. Sorry for the entire story, I'm just very proud with all the work I put in, and I'm excited to see their reaction when they get back from their honeymoon.

Thanks in advanced.:mug::mug::mug::mug:

May you be as intoxicated with each other as you are with this bottle of magnum....

Here comes my question. What should I put on the card.

That's a tough question to answer, considering we don't know you well, and we definitely don't know about the experiences you've shared with your best friend.

My only advice is that, if you're a wordy kind of guy, sit back and type out some practice things on the compy first. What do you want to tell him about his new adventure? It doesn't have to be profound; all it has to be is from your heart.

If you're not too wordy, make something short and sweet. Maybe buy a really small card so there's less room to write.

Or you could get creative and use the label of one of the liquor bottles as a card. That'd be cool.

If it were my friend, I would probably write "I finished your bar, you lazy f*ck"

He would know what I meant, without actually writing the gushy words.

Thanks for the responses guys. I really appreciate it.

I finally finished the bar tonight. I probably put in 15+ hours of work into the thing. It really turned out great. His neighbor, who we hang out with often, stopped in and was really impressed. There are two bottles of their favorite liquors on top of the bar with a card between them. I kept it simple like someone mentioned. I really should have said, "I finished your bar you lazy f**k", but that wouldn't have been very nice:).

Now I can't wait for them to get home and find their surprise. I hope that I'm the first one who gets to enjoy the finished bar with them:mug:.

Thanks for the responses guys. I really appreciate it.

Now I can't wait for them to get home and find their surprise. I hope that I'm the first one who gets to enjoy the finished bar with them:mug:.

Well, if they consummate their marriage on it as Homercidal suggests...Might be fun, but I'd suggest being the second or third one :D

Sounds like you're a great friend. They'll love it.

I'll try to get pics up asap. The camera on my phone is broken so I'll have to wait til I get over their again. Hopefully that will be sometime next week.

Latest posts

Back