Need serious Bar inspiration!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdd120

Reaction score
Ok, so we just moved to Southern Utah and we now have this 3,000 sq ft house.

The best part is the huge basement, that is begging for a bar.

I need pictures, diagrams, advice, do's and don'ts on how to go about creating this bar. I can take some pictures of the blank canvas tonight when I get home, but there is a perfect spot at one end of the basement that is about 15 feet wide. I could go out probably 10 feet from the wall.

Does that make sense?

I need this for the SWMBO. She seems to be convinced of the idea but is having a hard time with seeing the vision.

Ize said:
Here's a site my FIL turned me on to... might be useful...

http://www.bar-gear.com/

Congrats on the house! Just don't let SWMBO overpopulate the basement with crap that keeps you from building the bar.... :drunk:

Ize

I will take a pic asap.

She is actually into the idea, but I think she just needs to see what it could look like.

And she knows who the man of the house is...

*ducks*

:eek:

jdd120 said:
I will take a pic asap.

She is actually into the idea, but I think she just needs to see what it could look like.

And she knows who the man of the house is...

*ducks*

:eek:

LOL yeah i know that feeling, and no i'm not bitter about all the crap in MY basement....

really i'm not... :eek:

seriously :(

;) Ize

So what do you invision, what style? Retro '60s, industrial, old chicago speak-easy, western, sports, man room...

Hell, just drag a lazyboy down there, along with a few boxes and a TV.

Start with this...and build around it:

BlackTan3.JPG

I saw dude's bar when it was under construction, but it was awesome... definitely some good thinking went into it.. I definitely got some ideas for my way in the distant future bar...

I have a bunch of pics of mine in my gallery, if oyu want anythign more close-up, just ask.

I already have ideas for version #2, seeing we'll prolly be moving soon and this one isn't going with us.

The next one will have a completely different idea for a countertop, and pillars. It is going to kick ass.

I got this:

d4e8fe06.jpg

ae914989.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Hopefully this inspires you a little. I can give you some more pics if you would like.
I also have since added built in cabinets for the back and a shelf as well

that bar in the house for sale is a prebuilt available on ebay. What a sweet room

My bar. I built it in 02.

Kegerator will fit in the space under the bar next to the wall. The plan is to mount a brass tower with two faucets on top of the bar.

Ours is still a work in progress, the door behind the bar leads to a walk in closet with a full sized fridge, bar sink and glass/booze storage.
There is a big 3 season porch on the other side of the windows with more seating & tables.
TV, stereo, pool table light and beer signs/art still to come.
bar_005.jpg

bar_001.jpg

bar_007.jpg

bar_004.jpg

Edit: Raplaced pics lost during site upgrage

Back