Need Recommendations on Stout Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, Folks, I'm a new brewer and setting-up a fridge as a kegerator.

I will be brewing a 5-gallon keg of stout, a 2.5-gallon keg of porter, and a 2.5 gallon keg of blonde ale.

I will be charging my stout and porter with a Nitro/CO2 blend.

So far I have looked at the KegWorks Faucet...

And also at the InterTap Faucet from MoreBeer. (This InterTap nitro tip screws onto the intertap faucet).

So here are my thoughts:

1) Get one dedicated Nitro Stout faucet.
2) Get the InterTap faucet with the nitro tip. That way if I decide to do something other than a porter, I can swap the tip to accomodate a non-porter.
3) Get a regular Intertap faucet as my 3rd one. (Heck...since my 2nd one is Intertap, why not)?

What do you think?

I would not be asking, but using my search, all the "stout faucet threads" are old.

Thanks.

Raymond

One piece of advice that is sometimes overlooked... If you are mounting your faucets in the door and you’re using a traditional stout faucet with a tall handle, make sure it is mounted low enough to not interfere with the freezer door if that’s the kind of fridge you’re using. I have an old style Guinness faucet that I use for my house stout. I also have Intertap faucets for my regular CO2 dispensed beers. I’ve never used their stout spout however... I just like the look and operation of the traditional stout faucet. (It’s obvious that it’s a different style of beer especially if you allow your guests to pour their own beers)
Ultimately the decision is yours and as far as I know, you’ll get the same final results using either faucet to pour your stout.
Looks like you’re doing some good research. I’m sure you already know, but in case you don’t, CO2 tanks and nitrogen blend tanks have different valves which require regulators with different stems for them to attach properly. (Or at a minimum you have to have an adapter)
6A6A2825-332F-46D7-A7C4-377F422AEF07.jpeg
Good luck setting up your kegerator. It’s a little pricey initially but worth every penny in my opinion. If you’re not dead set on shiny new equipment, Craigslist can be your friend for cheaper components.

Thanks for your replies, folks.

Thanks also for the heads-up on making sure the spouts are low enough so that the spout handles will not hit the bottom of the freezer door. (I did not think about that).

I'm drilling my holes about 11" inches below the doors upper edge, so it "should" be more than enough.

I read a few good things about the InterTap faucets and spouts. And a few peeps also commented on them as well.

So I just purchased two of the stainless steel InterTap spouts, one InterTap stout spout, and two of their self-closing faucet springs. (When the handle is pulled open, the springs ensure the handle snaps back into the upright position for no drips or leaks).

One faucet will be for blonde ales, the other for porters...or whatevah. (Since I can unscrew and remove the stout spout).

I'm still in the market for a dedicated stout faucet, so don't be shy about recommending great ones.

Raymond

Back