Need Layout Program to draw New System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p40whk

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few Drawings of HERMS/RIMS systems on here but am having a hard time finding software that's simple to use to draw my own.

I'm trying to design my HERMS System and have been somewhat successful copying someone else image into a PDF and editing that but it's not pretty!

What do most of you use to layout/draw your systems?

google Sketchup may be your best bet, then there is Microsoft office products have a "Draw" mode and of course MS Visio & powerpoint. The openware equivalents to MS office work also. Also what's available is based on your OS platform. I use the draw mode in excel. I've seen a lot of mention of Sketchup on the forums. I will probably use it next time.

Isn't Sketchup more of a 3D program? I'll download that tonight and give it a try.

I have Visio but don't have the symbols I need to make that work Maybe I can find an expansion pack for it.

Never though of using Excel, that may also be a good option!

Thanks!

I used Visio and built any of the symbols I needed that it didn't have. It's easy enough to use plus I have it at work so it looks like I'm busy working on some project and not screwing around.

I used Visio and built any of the symbols I needed that it didn't have. It's easy enough to use plus I have it at work so it looks like I'm busy working on some project and not screwing around.

LOL! I tried using Visio but got frustrated with it.

Ended up using the Draw tools in Excel. That worked out well and I'm almost finished with it. Check out how it looks so far:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzVo7-X0yF6QU3BjYVBFTkZHUm54Y2VWVlBENm9WLUJfSVg0/view?usp=sharing

Using google drive link is a good idea. (looks good)
I like the HERMs coil in the lid. how heavy is that?

Back