Need help !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impala96

Reaction score
Hi guys ....

I want make grape wine with Distiller's Yeast like this !!

51YCEAV51mL.jpg

but after Fermenting, it has very strong smell like Perfume !

what is the smell too much Alcohol ? is the Distiller's Yeast make good wine or not ?

thx,,,

Hi guys ....

I want make grape wine with Distiller's Yeast like this !!

51YCEAV51mL.jpg

but after Fermenting, it has very strong smell like Perfume !

what is the smell too much Alcohol ? is the Distiller's Yeast make good wine or not ?

thx,,,

No, distillers yeast wouldn't make good wine. It has another purpose (not winemaking), so the flavor doesn't matter.

I work in saudi arabia and I can't buy wine yeast !!

so is Distiller's Yeast do the job except the flavor ?

If it were me, I'd make the liquor and then add it back to some grape juice. What are you using for fermentables? Sugar? do you have access to other things like honey? as an experiment I think I would try dates-- lots of sugar there and can be mixed with common sugar to lighten. go with a one gallon batch for trials.

yes I agree-- bread yeast would be better. Dogfish head made some "ancient Egyptian beer" and used the wild yeasts from fruit . . .

Good Luck

Yeah, I remember watching Brewmasters where Sam from DFH left out petri dishes to collect wild yeast around date palms & the like. He brewed the Egyptian Ta Henket with it. So that's a possibility...:mug:

Back