Need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretman124

Reaction score
I'm looking for a thread I'm pretty sure I saw on here about converting a fridge to a kegerator. I particular was the information on taking the door apart, removing the trays and such and installing a piece of plywood or sheet metal thru which you mount the taps. My fridge is small and by doing this I can expand to 5 cornies instead of three.

Any help would be nice as my search skills apparently suck

I don't remember that thread in particular but you might look through the gallery and PM someone who has a nice setup.

Taking the cabinets off the door is easy. Simply pull the gasket a little to expose the screws and unscrew them all the way around. Then everything just comes out. Get yourself a thin board of lujon or something stronger-but-thin and mark and drill out screw-sized holes in the board to correspond to the door screw-holes. Now paint or finish the board however you want, I recommend white paint and couple coats of polyurethane, and attach the gasket to the board in one top corner. Screw that in and go to the opposite corner, etc. etc..... The important thing is to not put anything much thicker than the door pieces you removed. Then I just marked where the taps went on the door and hole-sawed them to shank diameter.

I added more insulation into my door before applying the board.

Back