Need Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redspy

Reaction score
Well it's my first brew. I went out and got a keg and c02 and everything. I cleaned the keg and in doing this, when reassembling said keg, I accidentally switched the posts. Had no idea they were specific for each side. So I'm not getting proper seals on my connectors and beer is pouring out. I guess my question is, can i switch the posts without the beer going bad?

Thanks in advance!

yeah, you should be find, just make sure every thing's sanitized, including your paws. and try to work quickly.

BTW, welcome to the forum and to the hobby! congrats on the first batch!! :mug:

Thanks for the quick response guys! And glad to be here, been looking around and I wish I had come here before.

So I switched the posts and connected everything and it seems to be leaking more now under less pressure. I have the L connector on the normal post and the G connector on the post with slits. Could it just be the connectors, maybe bad o-rings? Any ideas?

Back