Need Help with Tower and Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_finklestein

Reaction score
I am putting together my 4 tap kegerator. I ordered a T-tower from American Beverage Equipment (without taps) and I also ordered 4 Perlick 525ss faucets to go with it. My problem is that I can't get the faucets to go far enough down on the shanks to keep them from leaking. My old Perlick 424ss doesn't not leak on the shanks. Can someone help?

Are you using a faucet wrench to tighten?

Also check to make sure you are not cross threading and or the coupler is deformed.

I had a problem initially on my shanks and they are goose neck shanks but it took a little work and I finally got them installed correctly...

I had the most problems with the strait plated shanks... no problems with SS shanks though.

Give these a read:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/perlick-faucet-problem-155398/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/perl-faucet-problem-help-172253/

Basically looks like the really nice faucets don't work so well on cheap shanks.

Camiller, thanks for the links and this seems to be the case. You would think spending $300+ on a tower that you would get something of quality...oh well. I finally got the faucets to fit (actually it was SWMBO who got the first one to) and seal. We found a spot where the faucet fit and then we tightened the shank down. After about 45 min. we were able to get all four leak-free.

I had a problem initially on my shanks and they are goose neck shanks but it took a little work and I finally got them installed correctly...

I had the most problems with the strait plated shanks... no problems with SS shanks though.

Gotcha. It must be my frugal nature but I just hate to spend extra $$$ on an expensive tower and then wind up having to replace all of the shanks. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! That is the motto I live by.

We've all been there... I can't even begin to calculate how much $$ I've spent on something cheap and its only lasted a short while, then to be replaced with the correct more expensive item...

Back