need help with programming love tss2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990dtgl98

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just wrapping up my chest freezer to kegerator conversion, and had a few Love temp wiring questions.

I bought the TSS2 to possibly use it as a fermentation chiller as well. I figured it would be better to buy it and not need it, then buy say the TS2 and kick my myself for not having a heating element later.

So what I was wondering was if there was anyway to turn off the SP2 relay since I wouldn't be using it for a while? I know I could just set SP2 to say 10 degrees and leave my SP1 cooling relay to 40, but I'd like to know if there was a setting that allowed you to completely turn it off?

Also, I'm confused already trying to read through the manual. I know r2 is the deviation from the temp, but what does c1=dir and c2=inv r0=dep?

What does changing these do? The manual isn't very helpful in explaining everything....

If I only wanted the cooling function, and wanted my freezer at say 40 degrees with a 1 degree temp swing, what would the settings need to be?

P5=1

c1= dir
c2= inv
r0= ind

SP1= 40
SP2= 10 (or anything lower than 40)

r1= 1 (or 2 for a 2 degree temp swing, correct?)
r2= 1

I think that would work?

did you read the other threads? see "similar threads" below.

agree that the manual sucks, it really is designed for people who live and breath this kind of stuff, which I am not one of those. Several other posters can do a better job of explaining it if the other threads don't answer your ???

So Im writing the thread as I learn how to use this thing and I'm trying to figure something out. How in the hell do you make this thing heat? Both temperature switches (SP1 and SP2) kick power on when the probe GOES ABOVE the set temp. How do I make it kick power to the outlet when the temp to the probe DROPS BELOW the set temp? Right now I'm going to burn the house down because the heat will kick on and never shut off! I assume there is a setting that specifies which way the relays go whether above or below but I cant figure out which ones.

So Im writing the thread as I learn how to use this thing and I'm trying to figure something out. How in the hell do you make this thing heat? Both temperature switches (SP1 and SP2) kick power on when the probe GOES ABOVE the set temp. How do I make it kick power to the outlet when the temp to the probe DROPS BELOW the set temp? Right now I'm going to burn the house down because the heat will kick on and never shut off! I assume there is a setting that specifies which way the relays go whether above or below but I cant figure out which ones.
Send me a PM with all parameter values and how you like it to function and I send you the answer.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I think Ive got it! Thanks though. Seems to me theres only 3 parameters I need to mess with to get this thing to control the temp. Set temp, differential and the relay option. SP1,2. r1,2. c1,2.

I think Ive got it! Thanks though. Seems to me theres only 3 parameters I need to mess with to get this thing to control the temp. Set temp, differential and the relay option. SP1,2. r1,2. c1,2.

Also required; r0, r8, P5 and c0 optional.

How many probes are you using?

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Also required; r0, r8, P5 and c0 optional.

How many probes are you using?

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

One probe at the moment. If I build another fermenter, it will be two. I still see no need for any others. The ones I mentioned set the temp in my freezer perfectly. Not sure what the others actually do. Operating mode? Dependency SP1-SP2?, Minimum relay stop time?

I think that was a question of the OP. He wanted to know what c1=dir and c2=inv would do. They tell the relay which side of the set temp to turn the power on to the outlet. If you set c1=dir, you are telling the relay to kick on when the temp is ABOVE the set point (cooling) on SP1. If you set c1=Inv, you are telling the relay to kick on when the temp goes BELOW the set point (heating) to SP1. c2 works the same way for SP2.

One probe at the moment. If I build another fermenter, it will be two. I still see no need for any others. The ones I mentioned set the temp in my freezer perfectly. Not sure what the others actually do. Operating mode? Dependency SP1-SP2?, Minimum relay stop time?

Correct, as long you run both channels as independent.
As soon you need heating and cooling for the same product the other parameters are required, like in my incubator.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back