Need help with Mypin TA-7 SSR PID and RTD wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baer19d

Reaction score
I'm starting to wire my control panel and I'm having some issues. First of all I don't understand schematic symbols. I need to hook up power in, 3 wire RTD probe, and an SSR. I've attached a picture of the PID terminals, RTD wires and XLR plugs that I'm using, and a picture of the schematic for the panel, which of course I didn't make. so if someone can tell me which wire goes where I'd appreciate it. As far as I can tell 1 &2 are AC in but other than that I'm lost. Also, does it matter which of the three RTD wires goes where?
Thanks, Mike
WP_000795_zpsa6a6695a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

is your PID model index RNR or SNR?
If it's RNR you will need an additional low voltage DC power supply for your SSRs. If It's SNR you can connect SSR directly to pid terminals 3and 4.

Thermoprobe - Connect red probe wire to terminal 11 and also place a jumper wire between 10 and 11. One white wire should goe to terminal 12 another to 13. Order doesn't matter.

If it's RNR you will need an additional low voltage DC power supply for your SSRs. If It's SNR you can connect SSR directly to pid terminals 3and 4.

Thermoprobe - Connect red probe wire to terminal 11 and also place a jumper wire between 10 and 11. One white wire should goe to terminal 12 another to 13. Order doesn't matter.
Why do you recommend the jumper here but not on the td series pid?

The unithas TA7-SRR on it.

Thank you very much. Hopefully I get this wired up soon.What's the purpose of the alarms anyway, j
ust an audible indicator?
SNR has one alarm, SRR has two. But both has a direct SSR output. So you can wire SSR directly to PID.

Alarm is just a relay which activated if temperature raise or fall below programmed level. To make it audible you need to connect a buzzer.

And I was wrong about SSR connection. SSR should be connected to terminals 7 (+) and 9(-).

Back