Need help with kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I converted my kegerator to corney setup. I need to dispense a regular SANKE keg for a party and have a few questions:

How much beer line (length) should I use to avoid foaming?

What psi dispensing psi should I use?

Thanks

Pressure / beer line length considerations are the same for a corney or sankey keg, only the end fittings are going to be different.

Pressure / beer line length considerations are the same for a corney or sankey keg, only the end fittings are going to be different.

I was able to get away with 5' beer lines for my corney setup. I brewed many many AG gallons and dispenses them without issue. I normally dispensed my beer at 5-7psi wihout issue. I was planning on buying 10' of beer line tomorrow and making a quick removal system for the keg setup. Never thought I'd dispense a 1/2 barrel out of my kegerator but we'll see how it works out.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I was able to get away with 5' beer lines for my corney setup. I brewed many many AG gallons and dispenses them without issue. I normally dispensed my beer at 5-7psi wihout issue. I was planning on buying 10' of beer line tomorrow and making a quick removal system for the keg setup. Never thought I'd dispense a 1/2 barrel out of my kegerator but we'll see how it works out.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

longer will always foam less. but your flow rate will decrease given a constant pressure. Line diameter is more important than length. smaller is better for flow control, but same rules apply, small diameter, slower flow.

The last piece of advice, check the recommended serving pressure/temperature for the beer your getting. If you serve at a lower pressure or higher temperature than it is intended to be served at then you will have foaming problems that get worse as the night goes on. this is due to the CO2 leaving the carbed solution since you are holding a lower partial pressure than what the solution is at. you can always run higher pressure colder temps, and longer lines with small diameters and get beer that flows without foam, but that leads to over-carbed beer if you don't kill it that day.

Very good information. I will stick with low dispense temps (4-7) and a cold beer fridge. The beer is a wheat based orange beer out of CA and should be ok.

Wel....modifed the kegerator for my son's bday bash and this is what I did......I installed 3' extra of beer line to the already 3' of beer line in the kegerator for my corney setup. I installed the 1/2 barrel and flowed it at 4 psi and it flos great. No issues, no foaming.

Back