Need help with home bar build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a bar build in our game room.

I need some help, as I'm not the most handy guy but can undertake this with some help. There are so many threads on similiar projects so if you know of good pictorals detailing builds please link here. I tried searching and keep reading but I know there are probably ones I'm missing.

Anyway, here are some of my questions. I currently, am running a two tap tower on a mini fridge. Should I just frame the mini-fridge under the bar and remount the tower?

What sort of builds have people done to make it easy so swap a freezer or mini-fridge out of their bar in case the electronics give way?

That's my primary concern now, but will surely think of more.

Thanks.

what other option are you considering the mounting of the tower and placement of the fridge? I'm a hugh fan of taking old solid wood doors and using them as the fronts for bar builds.

Not sure totally. Going to do a tradiitonal L shape design.

Contemplating two or three taps, but would need a chest freezer for 3...and then there is the problem of how to access the chest freezer to swap kegs.

For the front haven't given it muh thought. Was probably just going to go with oak. I wanted to do an appoxy on top over beer bottle tops.

can you mount the freeer or fridge somewhere else and run longer lines (insulated of course) to the bar area where you will have your taps placed?

pannell77 said:
can you mount the freeer or fridge somewhere else and run longer lines (insulated of course) to the bar area where you will have your taps placed?

Unfortunately I do not have that flexibility.

do what i am doing and build a cold box with a mini fridge ( mine will be a mini freezer). i should be able to run 3 lines straight up through the bar top., while having the kegs underneath. Will lose some storage space in the L corner for the actual freezer.

do what i am doing and build a cold box with a mini fridge ( mine will be a mini freezer). i should be able to run 3 lines straight up through the bar top., while having the kegs underneath. Will lose some storage space in the L corner for the actual freezer.

That sounds liked a solid idea. Do you have any specs or pictures?

Umm, i did try something out on sketch up a while back...just of the cold box though. I have not got around to designing the bar yet. Its kinda all a muddled picture in my head currently. I want to get the cold box up and running first, ...then go from there.

Here is my quick sketchup thoughts on the cold box.

I havent done the tower part. But i think i will have a temp. tower out of PVC for a while, until i am ready to tackle the bar, then just extend the lines and cool w a fan .
Thoughts?

hbtcoldbox.jpg

beercity23 said:
Umm, i did try something out on sketch up a while back...just of the cold box though. I have not got around to designing the bar yet. Its kinda all a muddled picture in my head currently. I want to get the cold box up and running first, ...then go from there.

Here is my quick sketchup thoughts on the cold box.

I havent done the tower part. But i think i will have a temp. tower out of PVC for a while, until i am ready to tackle the bar, then just extend the lines and cool w a fan .
Thoughts?

How difficult is it for a mini fridge to be able to maintain temps thought the cold box? I might just go the chest freeze route.

There are quite a few cold box threads on this site. I can't find them right now from my phone...but it seems very feasible. Especially if kegs are already cold. I got lucky enough to find a mini freezer. If space is a huge issue, on guy on here took the guts out and built a whole new "fridge"

Back