Need help with faucet assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have acquired a kegerator and cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach the 90degree shank to the beer line and then connect it to the faucet. I know I have to fit the shank through the tower hole and then through the washers and then eventually the nut to screw on. I can do that. What I can't figure out is how to connect the beer line to the shank and then tighten the clamp. The tower is kind of thin and it will definitely not turn enough to be even to get a screwdriver on the clamp. Cannot put the clamp on first. The washers and nut will not fit over that. Any ideas?

I don't think it's as hard as you're making it sound. You should be attaching the line to the tailpiece outside of the tower, not inside. Pull the line through the shank hole in the tower, attach to your tailpiece, then feed everything back through the hole in the tower and tighen the nut for the shank.

Like so:

Alternatively you can disassemble the shank and tailpiece and go through the top:
1) Slide the washers and nut on the tailpiece.
2) Pull your beer line out of the top of the tower and attach to the tailpiece, clamping as necessary.
3) Slide the entire tailpiece with nut/washer/etc into the tower.
4) Slide the shank into the hole in the tower.
5) Tighten the shank to the tower.
5) Tighten the tailpiece nut onto the shank.

As DT said, pics would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back