Need help with beer tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfshrmn98

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting a danby mini fridge into a 2 keg kegerator. I recently purchased a used double beer tower online to use as part of the build. Turns out it is THIS model I had planned on using copper pipes to cool the tower but now I'm not sure what to do with all the tubing already in the tower. I guess it was glycol cooled. It has 2 metal tubes with barbs and 2 PEX type tubing tubes all about 18-24" long coming from the tower. How should I go about cooling the tower and also how should I clean the lines. Open to all thoughts and suggestions, thanks.

I think a lot of guys have a small fan blow air into the tower to cool the lines. If it is already set up to be chilled with glycol you could use that.

A glycol unit for a two tap tower atop a mini-fridge would be the rarest of the rare. Like, unicorn rare ;)

I'd yank everything out of that column, foam and all, throw away everything but the shanks, and plan on using a simple, inexpensive, tower cooler...

ab_jun_24_2011_37.jpg

Cheers!

Back