Need help with a logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewser09

Reaction score
So long story short i started growing my own hops this year because i love hoppy beers and on top of my trelis i put one of those solar lights on top of it. (You know to make sure the low flying aircraft are aware of my hops lol) Anyway i've been calling it my Beacon of Hop and i think i may have stumbled onto a brewery name. My problem is i have no artistic talent and i was wondering if i could get some help with some ideas or where to go to get some programs to use on the computer to put something together. Any help would be appreciated. Anyway i was thinking of a lighthouse looking thing with a hop for the light. Thanks in advance.:mug:

For way less than a graphics program would run you, you could get the guys at Brew Brand Creative to help you. Surprisingly inexpensive, I own a small ad agency and know what design services cost. Shoot Josh an email and tell him what you are looking for, he'll give you a price to design it for you. There's been a bunch of us on here happy with what they've done for us.

For way less than a graphics program would run you, you could get the guys at Brew Brand Creative to help you. Surprisingly inexpensive, I own a small ad agency and know what design services cost. Shoot Josh an email and tell him what you are looking for, he'll give you a price to design it for you. There's been a bunch of us on here happy with what they've done for us.

I agree. If you aren't too familiar with the programs the learning curve can be pretty steep. Photoshop and Illustrator can be very expensive so paying someone to create a logo is fairly cheap in retrospect.

Beacon_of_Hop.png

First thought... maybe it is a starting place

Gimp and Inkscape can be very useful and are free.

or green......

Beacon_of_Hop_green.png

I found the lighthouse image online. Then I raster edit it in GIMP, to the shape/shade/etc. I want.

Then I import it into Inkscape, vectorize it, play with the colors. Then add the other stuff.

Really if you start fiddling, you can do a ton of stuff without any formal training.

I really like the lighthouse, but had the idea of it projecting a "bat signal" type of light beam with a hop sillhouette, it's just a thought. Regards, GF.

Edit: What about the comic book hero Green Lantern symbol with a hop in the middle?

Back