Need help with a Hefe recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blk94f150

Reaction score
One of my first beers was an extract "Bavarian Hefe" from Midwest with the standard Muntons dry yeast. It was fermented warm (Maybe 74-76). I love it and drank it up very quick.

Now I want to do an all grain Hefe. I went and bought some Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier in anticipation of using the Wyeast 3068 strain. I don't like the taste though. I'm not very good a describing tastes yet, but I don't like the lemony or maybe clove flavor.

So my question is do I try the Midwest AG receipe with the Wyeast 3056 Bavarian Wheat yeast or just go with the Muntons or US-05 yeast. Also, should I ferm warm like I did the last time? I've heard warmer makes more banana, but I wasn't using a wheat yeast in the first place with the extract.

Mike

I don't really care about true style, but I'd at least like to try somewhat. Is the 3056 strain much different from the 3068?

Mike

Back