need help tonight...coopers extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splat

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just want to know if its worth it to secondary a coopers mexican cervesa....its been in the primary for 2 weeks....I know its not going to be great beer, but the SWMBO and her friend wanted me to try it...they like corona....Im either going to secondary it, or keg it tonight...what do you think....I checked the OG, and its done....

ok, its going in the keg in an hour or so...

thanks

Don't be surprised if you really like it too mate! I have brewed this a couple of times and it's NOT BAD. It's better than Corona! I would have suggested a secondary, as anyone expecting Corona would like it to to be as light and clear as possible. As a matter of fact, I would run finings through it if you are kegging and force carbing it. It will taste the same but look a lot clearer.. more like Corona

PeteOz77 said:
Don't be surprised if you really like it too mate! I have brewed this a couple of times and it's NOT BAD. It's better than Corona! I would have suggested a secondary, as anyone expecting Corona would like it to to be as light and clear as possible. As a matter of fact, I would run finings through it if you are kegging and force carbing it. It will taste the same but look a lot clearer.. more like Corona

I was kinda dreading this beer...But after I kegged it I had a little left in the bucket...I put it in a glass and into the freezer for a few while to chill it, and it actually wasnt bad.....Better than expected... Its no Dead guy ale clone that I love, but I think the SWMBO, and friends will enjoy it... If so, I will secondary the next one....I usually secondary all my beers, but I didnt want to go through the effort with this one....

Thanks.

splat said:
I was kinda dreading this beer...But after I kegged it I had a little left in the bucket...I put it in a glass and into the freezer for a few while to chill it, and it actually wasnt bad.....Better than expected... Its no Dead guy ale clone that I love, but I think the SWMBO, and friends will enjoy it... If so, I will secondary the next one....I usually secondary all my beers, but I didnt want to go through the effort with this one....

Thanks.

All I can say is...If the Swmbo is happy everybody is happy. No though in all honesty the coopers kits aren't bad. They give you an inexpensive 5 gal of beer and they dont taste too bad neither, Latley my A.g. batches are around 30 bucks so there cheaper than that.Glad you liked the final result.

I'm getting ready to put mine in the primary also. Was wondering how much water you filled your primary to. I think it says you can go anywhere from 5-6 gallons. Also, did you just pour in the yeast that came with the kit, or did you do a starter.

Wild Duk said:
I'm getting ready to put mine in the primary also. Was wondering how much water you filled your primary to. I think it says you can go anywhere from 5-6 gallons. Also, did you just pour in the yeast that came with the kit, or did you do a starter.

I'm about to make this Coopers Mexican beer as well next week for the summer. I'm definitely doing secondary with this one to have it as clear as possible.

The Coopers yeast with the mexican kit is different than most Coopers kits. It's an ale/lager type of yeast (like Nottingham I'm guessing). You can see the difference in the back of the yeast packet... has the letters "MC" I believe.

Wild Duk said:

I did five gallons...with two pounds dextrose, and I used the yeast that came with it...and I didnt make a starter, I have heard with dry yeast you dont need to make a starter.

Back