Need help on a DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
I am working on something pretty cool.. but I need someone who knows how to program microcontrollers and whatnot.. it's above my skill level..

I just basically need to take an existing technology and change the output sequences in order to make it strictly homebrew related..

anyone wanna give it a shot?

It's outta my league. But, you can find a local college/tech school that offers instrumentation. Usually, the Instructor will be glad to help or at least advise. I've done this before on an old PLC. Luck - Dwain

It might already be done. Have you looked at BrewTroller | BrewTroller ? The BrewTroller will fully automate almost any configuration home brew sculpture and store several recipes. It'll run electric or gas breweries and Matt, the programmer, is working on steam injection sequences as well. It's quite impressive but does require a little DIY work.

There will even be a FermTroller code that can be swapped with the BrewTroller code for fermentation control.

Give us a little more background on what your trying to do and someone may be able to help. As it sits right now you were very vague. I have a computer engineering degree but havent messed with circuits in years. If its basic I may remember enough to get through it.

It's super secret, and I cant tell you, but I need someone smart to do it for me so I can makes moneys!

......?

It would be nice to at least know if it is an Arduino type platform, PLC, VB interface, or what. There are way too many variables right now for anyone to offer up anything. Unfortunately, my crystal ball is broken and can't get a replacement until next week.
No more info, no real help....

I've programmed basic stamps in P-basic and Microchip PICmicro® PIC18F8520 with c++. I might be able to help you out but I definitely would need more details.

After whoever helps him is done, you can help me build my super secret wort telepathy device. AArgh!! I've already said too much.

Yeah, I've got about 22 years of programming experience and pretty good with DIY/Mechanical engineering, but reading minds kinda sucks.

Oh yeah, I've already invented the Auto Cleanup System that will thoroughly clean and sanitize your entire rig while you sleep off the home brew that you consumed while brewing.

Yeah, I've got about 22 years of programming experience and pretty good with DIY/Mechanical engineering, but reading minds kinda sucks.

Oh yeah, I've already invented the Auto Cleanup System that will thoroughly clean and sanitize your entire rig while you sleep off the home brew that you consumed while brewing.

Hey I need one of those, I just can't get Immigration to let her in the country. :)

alli can say is dont forget to keep the IP for the software and make a prophit from it. specially if the OP is looking at selling the programing.

Ya left out the auto robotic bier consuming sex toy.
The're here how ready to pass customs, made in China.
They do not float even with the forward implants due to
the excess amount of lead in them.
Hi bull, very slowly recovering, I push the limits and pay
for it in days of pain after doing something over my limits.
LCC, left coast Carl.....

Hey Carl, you need one of those "Sex Bots" to work out all those kinks you have there.
That would have you up and bouncing around in no time.

who ever does actually help would be put on the patent, it's illegal to do it otherwise..
but it's not a sex robot... maybe we could add that function later on though.. ;)

There are possibly hundreds of people able to give you free help and not want anything to do with your patenting if you tell us what it is you're looking for. All this cloak and dagger nonsensicleism isn't gonna get you anywhere.

There are possibly hundreds of people able to give you free help and not want anything to do with your patenting if you tell us what it is you're looking for. All this cloak and dagger nonsensicalism isn't gonna get you anywhere.

Yeah, that is kind of my point. I have definitely lost interest as there seems to be no desire to be forthcoming with any more information.
</unsubscribe>

I would recommend that this thread be locked at this point since it is basically useless. Perhaps if the OP wishes to resubmit a request for help and provide enough information for others to actually decide if they can, the he should start a new thread.

I am just guessing that you are an independent inventor and are not making this invention through any company. If that is the case you should strongly consider whether or not you actually want to patent your invention or if you want to sell the idea to a company and have them patent it.

A patent is useless (almost literally) without the finances and balls to back it up and use it. Especially for a little guy. That means, you have to be ready to spend 2-6 million dollars in litigation to assert your patent in court to try for damages, a little less for an injunction.

Having a lawyer write and apply for your patent will cost about $6-10 grand and prosecution will cost about the same. None of these cost guarantee you a patent and the patent you do get may or may not be powerful enough to be worth it.

You may have a great idea and it may really be worth something. Most are not and are not worth patenting. You should really talk to a patent lawyer about your idea to determine if patenting the idea yourself is the right move.

Personally, I advice people with ideas to find an appropriate company and attempt to sell them the idea for a percentage of the profits (1-4%). Make sure you document fully your conception and research of the idea so you can prove it was your idea and you are the inventor.

The OP is correct. If you come up with any idea contributing to the claimed invention you are technically an inventor and must be listed n the title page of the patent. Also, if he is intending to patent some idea, discussing it here will bar him from all rights he may have had to begin with.

For anyone reading this, if you intend to patent something, do not bring it up, even without talking about details, in public. Especially on a public forum that is recorded on the interwebs.

someone understands :) Patent search underway.. I have 11 patents so far and 9 in PAIR holding for this reason or that.. a couple under appeal and one that's just simply dead in the water (prior art that the search didn't reveal)

anyway.. unsubscribe all you want.. i've got a few contacts that i will work with..

Thanks for helping..

-troll lol

Latest posts

Back