Need help identifying this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beerme70

Reaction score
Some neighborhood ass-bag took it upon himself, between 4:30 and 5 am this morning, to kick in the side of my son's Mazda. Took the report, officer dusted the doors and took pictures. I need help in identifying this tread pattern. By the looks of it, it is about a size 13, and there are a couple of punk-ass Canadians around here.

20150608_081904.jpg

20150608_081853.jpg

20150608_063242.jpg

Definitely a shoe-print, most likely worn by a human. I can tell by the markings that they are right-legged. Or kicked with their right leg due to an injured left leg.

I'd look for a left handed male with an injured left leg, possibly on crutches.

Your unsub is probably mad at Mazda for past grievances, possibly an ex-employee. I'd pull the records for any employees that may have worked in the shop or on the sales lot that is over 6' and has issues with authority.

You're welcome.

Definitely a shoe-print, most likely worn by a human. I can tell by the markings that they are right-legged. Or kicked with their right leg due to an injured left leg.

I'd look for a left handed male with an injured left leg, possibly on crutches.

Your unsub is probably mad at Mazda for past grievances, possibly an ex-employee. I'd pull the records for any employees that may have worked in the shop or on the sales lot that is over 6' and has issues with authority.

You're welcome.

I concur.

The humor is enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but I am looking for a little more serious of a response.

I am Canadian and I wear that shoe. Different color scheme and size tho... it aint me homie

My first guess.

A couple of things. 1) My son is 19, home for the summer from college, and has a girlfriend. Now, when I was 19, yeah, I was out with others' old ladies, but I assure you it's not the case here. 2) Canadians is code (need I say more), and 3) I don't think it was necessarily targeted at HIS car. His sister's car and mom's car were parked in front of and behind him. Just so happens that his was the first one kicked, and when the alarm went off, he probably hauled ass.

Wait, is "Canadians" some kind of euphamism? Cause...nah.

Wow, so new slang has been introduced so that racists can continue to be racists without other people knowing. WE ARE ON TO YOU NOW! Then again, wasn't really surprised when the word "homie" was said.

Poor Canadians got the wrong end of the deal here (and I'm talking "aboat" our friends up north).

Wow, so new slang has been introduced so that racists can continue to be racists without other people knowing. WE ARE ON TO YOU NOW! Then again, wasn't really surprised when the word "homie" was said.

Poor Canadians got the wrong end of the deal here (and I'm talking "aboat" our friends up north).

Not to burst your bubble, but using the word Canadian for slang isnt something new.

Not to burst your bubble, but using the word Canadian for slang isnt something new.

I knew Canadians as slang to talk about people you don't like while around them, from bars/restaurants. But I've never seen it used in racial tones to hide being a racist.

I knew Canadians as slang to talk about people you don't like while around them, from bars/restaurants. But I've never seen it used in racial tones to hide being a racist.

People I worked with waiting tables (not me, I don't believe in stereotypes) called a certain ethnic group Canadian Tippers because the stereotype is that they don't tip. I found this to be generally untrue. I got stiffed by various ethnicities equally.

Well, you obviously have no idea what a racist is. I am not a racist. I don't feel that my race is superior over another. The term "racist" has been thrown around so much that it has lost it's meaning. What I was doing is called PROFILING. Let me give you an example: if 75% of murders were committed by clowns, you would be looking for someone with a big red nose, floppy shoes, armed with a cream pie. If over 95% of all terrorist acts are committed by Arab males between 20 and 35, you don't harass the 80 year old grandmother in a wheel chair or frisk a 5 year old. When a certain demographic makes up only 13% of the population, yet commit nearly half, that's right, HALF, of all crime....well, that's just deductive (and logical) reasoning.

And on that note, I would like to apologize to Austin, because this is borderline breaking the forum topic rules.

Well, you obviously have no idea what a racist is. I am not a racist.

Let's be clear, not once did I ever outright call you a racist. But let me enlighten you some. Racial slurs database (rcdb.org) has "Canadians" defined as a masked replacement for the N-word. The N-word clearly is a racial/racist term, I believe everyone can agree on that. If someone started spouting off the N-word, people would immediately think they were racist.

Yes you are correct, what you are doing is profiling, but how it was being said was with racist tones. "I suspect it was the black guys in the neighborhood" vs. "I suspect it was the n... in the neighborhood" come off drastically different.

I was debating not continuing this, but I wasn't going to just sit around with possible confusion in the air. I hope that cleared things up.

Let's be clear, not once did I ever outright call you a racist. But let me enlighten you some. Racial slurs database (rcdb.org) has "Canadians" defined as a masked replacement for the N-word. The N-word clearly is a racial/racist term, I believe everyone can agree on that. If someone started spouting off the N-word, people would immediately think they were racist.

Yes you are correct, what you are doing is profiling, but how it was being said was with racist tones. "I suspect it was the black guys in the neighborhood" vs. "I suspect it was the n... in the neighborhood" come off drastically different.

I was debating not continuing this, but I wasn't going to just sit around with possible confusion in the air. I hope that cleared things up.

It doesn't have to be outright to be insulting. We all got your drift.

We're done here. Let's not have any more racist comments or personal insults.

You could call an ethnic group anything and it's racist when the use of the word belittles a common grouping based on observational qualifications. Skin Color, Hair Color, Religion, Etc. The word is inconsequential, just some have more history behind them than others.

The term Canadian is very racist in the context it's used here. No one is fooled. That term is used down here to be a secret, or covert racist.

That will not be tolerated here. I'm all for free speech, but instead of us having a discussion about how much it sucks to get your car door kicked in we're debating the validity of word usage. It's semantics and none of us have to play that game.

Use your words in a hateful or condescending context and it won't be in HBT.
We support one another, not exclude. That's the point of our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back