Need help fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewsterT

Reaction score
Just did my 1st all grain and got scared about my brewhouse efficiancy and added a lb of corn sugar & 10 oz of DEMto my boil. I totally shouldn't have worring because now I have an SG of 1.080. So my question is should I hurry down to my LHBS and grab another package of wyeast to pitch?

Or water it down to the proper OG and have extra beer if you have a big enough fermenter. Personally I'm at the point that I'd add water and toss the extra. Of course I have the luxury of 6 beers on tap and a pipeline that keeps me happy. If you wanna get some more yeast and have a 'big' beer. Go for it.

Or water it down to the proper OG and have extra beer if you have a big enough fermenter. Personally I'm at the point that I'd add water and toss the extra. Of course I have the luxury of 6 beers on tap and a pipeline that keeps me happy. If you wanna get some more yeast and have a 'big' beer. Go for it.

I wish I had some water boiled and ready. I guess I'll have a big beer.

You can water it down in the kettle, during the boil. You might want to adjust the hops too.

You don't need to have it boiled, just put some tap water in. all of this hype or sanitzed, sterilized, purified crap gets people too scared. just pour some water in.

What he said !! If your tap water is safe to drink it's safe for your beer.
I just pitched more yeast to see what I end up with. I think that everything will just turn out fine. I'm just going to have to give this beer more time then I was planning on. Guess I'll just have to brew more in the meantime.

Back