Need Help ASAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirefightingBrewer

Reaction score
I am in the midst of my first 15 gallon day with three different 5 gallon batches and I miss-timed something. I have 16 pounds of grain mashing at 153 degrees in my cooler at one hour now, but I still have nearly 40 minutes left on my boiling wort for batch number 2. What can I do with my mash? Should I find some various vessels to drain off the wort from the cooler, or keep it in there and continue the mash for 40+ more minutes?? All help appreciated.

I am in the midst of my first 15 gallon day with three different 5 gallon batches and I miss-timed something. I have 16 pounds of grain mashing at 153 degrees in my cooler at one hour now, but I still have nearly 40 minutes left on my boiling wort for batch number 2. What can I do with my mash? Should I find some various vessels to drain off the wort from the cooler, or keep it in there and continue the mash for 40+ more minutes?? All help appreciated.

Let it sit for another 40 minutes. It'll be fine. Just hold the temperature and don't let it drop too much and you won't even notice a difference.

Just checked and still holding steady at 154...not sure how it went up a degree but whatever? I'll keep it there for the next 40+ minutes..thanks for the help!! Need to figure out where I screwed up...thought I had it planned out perfectly...back to the drawing board I suppose.

Back