Need help ASAP *Turkey fryer won't lite*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
During heating my strike water, my propane went out. I hooked up a brand new tank, and I depress the igniter thing on the turkey fryer and it doesn't make the normal "click, click click sound" and it won't ignite. I't wont pass propane through the burner. Any ideas???

I have no way of boiling 7 gallons of wort on my electric stove top :( :(

I didn't even try, when I dipress the igniter propane isn't coming out :( I don't know what to do, I guess go to menards and buy a new turkey fryer, damn.

Try tightening the regulator hose to the tank. I had the same thing happen and had to really tighten it down to get it to work.

idigg said:
I didn't even try, when I dipress the igniter propane isn't coming out :( I don't know what to do, I guess go to menards and buy a new turkey fryer, damn.

Unhook the tank and make sure everything is turned off. Then hook it back up, cut on the tank then the fryer. If not done in that order the leak detector will trip and not send out much gas

Disconnect the line from the tank. Open the tank valve.. do you get a good gas flow?
If so.. good. If not.. out of propane.

If so.. move on...

Reattach the regulated line to the tank... but unscrew the line from the burner manifold. Turn on the gas at the tank. Open the regulator.. do you get a solid gas flow?

If not.. your regulator MIGHT be the problem.. not unheard of..

If you get a good gas flow.. disconnect the brass connection at the manifold and see if it is 'crudded up'. If it has gunk in it.. push it out with a pin and try again. I think this is unlikely.... your problem really is likely before that.. regulator or gas.

Hope this might help a bit.

HbgBill said:
Disconnect the line from the tank. Open the tank valve.. do you get a good gas flow?

If so.. move on...

Reattach the regulated line to the tank... but unscrew the line from the burner manifold. Turn on the gas at the tank. Open the regulator.. do you get a solid gas flow?

If not.. your regulator MIGHT be the problem.. not unheard of..

If you get a good gas flow.. disconnect the brass connection at the manifold and see if it is 'crudded up'. If it has gunk in it.. push it out with a pin and try again. I think this is unlikely.... your problem really is likely before that.. regulator or gas.

Hope this might help a bit.

New tanks won't flow without something hooked to them

not so true these days - most tanks have devices that prevent the flow of gas unless hooked up to a hose. I can't get anything out of a full tank without the regulator connected.

Occasionally the valve in the propane tank stick. I took a tank in to be refilled once, didn't notice it was still heavy. The guy that was going to fill it up said this tank isn't empty.. to heavy. He then used the handle of a screwdriver and tapped firmly on the handle of the valve. It worked.

Had the same thing happen the other day with my gas grill. I knew there was propane in the tank but no flow. I beat the crap out of the top of the handle with the hand end of a plastic grill brush and it started working.

If you're getting flow.. don't know.

Try tightening the regulator hose to the tank. I had the same thing happen and had to really tighten it down to get it to work.

Sacreddog, thank you so much, this was it. Something so easy... I never had to tighten it that hard, but once I did I think it broke some type of seal and am now getting gas.

Thank you guys for the other responses to, much appreciated. Love when others can help virtually! Happy dance :ban:

Justin

Back