Need false bottom/manifold idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baer19d

Reaction score
P1030311.jpg
[/IMG]I asked this before but here it is again. I have a Hoff Stevens keg (old style) that I use for a dirct fired mash tun and a March pump to recirculate it and I need a better false bottom/manifold. I'm currently using braided SS hose and sometimes it works like a charm and sometimes it doesn't. I've scorched more than one batch due to a stuck mash and I'd like to not add anymore to the list. I don't think a false bottom for a Sanky keg will work. Any ideas? I'll post pictures later to help stimulate your brains. thanks, Mike
Here is a pic of my mash tun. Don't mind the black stuff, thats from the scorched wort that I was in the process of cleaning when I took the picture.

As long as you circle the bottom I thik it will work. I would suggest putting a stainless spring inside of it or a piece if perferated copper inside of it. I will make it stay put during mixing of the mash and keep it from collapsing.

I have made several for the Hoff kegs. I just cut down a 15" to 14" and your good to go, fits like a glove.
PM me if you want me to fab 1 up for you.
Cheers
Jay

I'm getting ready to build a braided SS hose false bottom. I hope it works out.

Just a quick update. I got 70% efficiency out of my braided hose. Heck, I only had to vorlauf about 2 cups worth of wort before I was running clear. :rockin::rockin:

Latest posts

Back