Need easy to remove labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyennie

Reaction score
OK, My wife removed a bunch of labels for me and I don't want to put her through that again. Are there any white (not clear) printable static cling type labels??? And where can I get them???

Thanks
doug

For a static cling type label you would need to go to a sign company. I have a friend who is in the sign making business. His cost would be around 1.50-2 bucks per label so no telling what you would be charged if they want to make a profit. I think it was Revvy who posted a label that is just a tag you can print out and hang on the beer bottle. Cheap and easy.

www.avery.com I think it's product #6490. It's a "removable disk label". About $25 for 375. A friend of mine uses these all the time. A little small for a large bottle, but is fine for 12 oz. bottles. I don't remember the exact size, but their website tells the dimensions.

I think mine is the avery 5408 3/4 inch disk label. They also offer templates. I got about 4000 some disks for $5 at staples. I don't mind cleaning labels off of bottles I bought and drank, what seemed dumb was having to do it for bottles I've already cleaned. I just ordered some blank 6pack carriers that I plan to attach more detailed labels to. These will provide more information matching the beers given.

Look at lables for canning (food canning) made by Ball and other companies. They are made to disolve so you can reuse your glass jars. They make small lables and even some larger ones. I do not know about printing on them but I do not see why you can't. You would have to be good with a computer to set it up.

correction on my post. In my office now and it is 1008 labels on 42 sheets Avery 5408 and it was $5 at staples. Sorry.

Using milk as an adhesive is not an option?

I've yet to try it, but I've heard nothing but good, other than the fact that an inkjet label might run if it gets too wet.

They are supposed to stick well, until they get very damp, then they are supposed to slide right off.

The other option is to find a water soluble adhesive and just use that. Somebody has to make some.

I think mine is the avery 5408 3/4 inch disk label. They also offer templates. I got about 4000 some disks for $5 at staples. I don't mind cleaning labels off of bottles I bought and drank, what seemed dumb was having to do it for bottles I've already cleaned. I just ordered some blank 6pack carriers that I plan to attach more detailed labels to. These will provide more information matching the beers given.

+1 I use Avery removeable shipping labels. There are good vendors online.

I make custom labels all the time for my beers, use whatever paper I like, ink jet printing and when its all said and done I stick them on with the cheap "glue stick". The label sticks great to the bottles but a 15 minute soak in warm soapy water and they come right off.

Using milk as an adhesive is not an option?

Milk is really easy to use. Just slide your cut out paper label through a small saucer with a bit of milk and slap it on the bottle and let dry.

If you use an inkjet printer for the labels, the color will run when wet. If you use a laser printer, it will not.

To remove the labels, just soak them in water for a few minutes and they slide right off. Super easy and cheap.

I always used Bumper Sticker stock from Office Depot. It's a vinyl label stock that is made for ink jet printers. Ink doesn't run even when they get wet and they peel right off with no residue. You can print the labels as big or small as you like.

I always used Bumper Sticker stock from Office Depot. It's a vinyl label stock that is made for ink jet printers. Ink doesn't run even when they get wet and they peel right off with no residue. You can print the labels as big or small as you like.

Do you have a brand or stock number for the bumper sticker paper? I cant find it when I search on Office Depot.

I use Avery removable shipping labels. They are the 3 1/3 x 4in. size and I print my labels sideways so they are 4in. vertical. Perfect size for 12 oz. bottles, and solid for 22 oz. bottles as well.

I've yet to try it, but I've heard nothing but good, other than the fact that an inkjet label might run if it gets too wet.

They are supposed to stick well, until they get very damp, then they are supposed to slide right off.

The other option is to find a water soluble adhesive and just use that. Somebody has to make some.

check out this thread for something water resistant but still easily cleaned up. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/esky-ice-water-proof-labels-224476/

For all my bottled beers, I use circular inkjet waterproof ones for the cap. I use Weatherproof Matte Inkjet...you can specify a different quantity.

Round Labels - Circle Label - OL5275 - 0.75" Circle

For bottle labels, I use Neato. They easily come off in an oxyclean soak, they are pretty waterproof (there is a little bit of running when submerged for a while), and there is pretty much always 20% coupons. I bottled a wedding brew for my wedding and used these. You can also use onlinelabels for pretty much the same thing, but I like using Neato's program for designing the labels and I'm paying a little premium for that.

Neato offers custom Bottle Labels |Wine bottle labels| beer bottle labels - Neato.com

Back