• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need an immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make one. I used two 20 ft coils of coils of 3/8 ID tubing. Made one coil large diameter and the second smaller diameter. I connected the two with a 4 ft piece of vinyl tubing. In the summer one goes in a bucket of cold water and the other in the wort. When the temperature has dropped to about 100f or so I add ice to the bucket. Pretty easy to get below 70 degrees. In the winter when the tap water is cold I put both in the wort.

2 coils of copper $20 each. 4 hose clamps about $.90 ea. Vinyl tubing - about $10. Hose end fitting a couple dollars and faucet adapter a couple of dollars. Approximately $60. About 1/2 to 1 hour to assemble.

Or one like this for $160. https://jadedbrewing.com/products/the-hydra

1/2" x 50' would be ideal depending on asking price. Mine is smaller diameter = less efficient.

I was asking $50 but shipping it to your area would likely be prohibitively expensive. I'll look into shipping costs tomorrow.

Sell it to Bentresidder. I don't need it or want it. Bentesidder, grab it at that price if you can.... depending on shipping costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back