need a weigh-in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutarecord

Reaction score
Im located in Missouri. Trying to name my "brewery" just so i can start making labels and what not. Im an out-of-work graphic designer :( so im just trying to have fun with it. The plan is to have three brain-storming sessions and come up with three names to pick from. Had the first session tonight and my friend and I are at a stale-mate. Need your opinions...

Eight Neighbor Brewing Co. (8NeighborBrewCo)

OR

1821 Brewing Co.

Eight neighbor - We are located in Missouri. Our state shares boarders with eight other states.

1821- the year we were ratified into the United States.

Opinions?

Because of your explanation I see where you are going with your brewery name, but I'm not sure others will with out explanation. What about "24th State Brewing"

Someone with no knowledge of Missouri state history or geography would be a able to deduce that Missouri must have been the 24th State of the Union.

+1 on the 24th State or something to that effect.

You could then use your other proposed names as names for you brews with a short story explaining them on the bottle.

i.e. 8 Neighbor Pale Ale-A beer so good that it can bring friends from our 8 bordering states together to enjoy.

(I know that is lame, but it's freaking early...)

I actually like the eight neighbor idea. As far as what it means well... geez how many brewing companies here in the nw actually make sense so i would go with it, and it would be an eye brow raiser when i would read the side of the bottle or case and see the reference to eight joining states... another idea is you could come out with an "eight" pack and a beer from each state... ha anyway go with it bro and keep brewing, its what YOU want your brewery to be about

Just to put it out there:

Eight + Neighbor = Neightbor

As a graphic designer, you may be able to lay out the two words on top of each other to really make the back that they share a four letter sequence really nicely.

That being said, Eight Neighbor is hard to say aloud, and unless you hit that "t" hard, and break up the words, it sounds like "Ey, neighbor?" (not sure how to spell that Ey part) like it's a question.

Numbers are a really hot trend happening right now, and 1821 Brewing Co. would fit in really well in Portland with all it's very modern naming conventions. I like it the best, but maybe that's just because I'm from the NW. People don't have to understand it instantly (what's Microsoft? oh, Microprocessor Software, gotcha.), that's what building a brand is for.

I work at a branding agency, and those are just a few really top level thoughts on the names based on my day to day experiences.

Back