Need a slot car set

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty_gnome

Reaction score
My boy is 6 and enjoys playing with cars. I want to get him a suitable slot car set, preferably one with loops and that fits in an 8 by 4 foot area. Any thoughts or ideas? Shouldn't be so fragile that a kid can't play with it. Thanks!

Loved slot cars back in the day. I was recently coming home form work and saw a local store front now advertising slot car racing. I could see the huge old school track in the window from the street. I haven't been back by yet, but I'm definitely going to stop in and check it out.

Ok, so that was no help to you but your post made me think of it.... and the resurgence of slot car racing.

I had AFX slot cars as a kid, I think they're still one of the best, if not THE best slot car racing sets on the market. There are of course other brands, but I never had a single problem with my AFX set, AND it had loops! Have a look at your lcl hobby shop or online, there are several different sets to choose from.
Regards, GF.

My boy is 6 and enjoys playing with cars. I want to get him a suitable slot car set, preferably one with loops and that fits in an 8 by 4 foot area. Any thoughts or ideas? Shouldn't be so fragile that a kid can't play with it. Thanks!

What part of NJ are you in? I'm betting my dad still has my HUGE slot car track and he would probably sell it. He's in South NJ

I'm in central Jersey. But I found a hobby shop that has a bunch. I'm going to check those out.

Back