Need a New Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am about 35 minutes into my Mash, and at about the 15 minutes Mark I was wondering why my rectangular cooler was losing heat so quickly today. It wasn't normal to be losing almost 3 degrees in less then 15 minutes!!! I took off the Blanket and backed off the heater from the cooler and I noticed the Culprit. The cooler is Warped. It is losing its shape and the front wall is pushing out from the pressure and the heat. Hence, the lid has about a Half inch opening along the whole Front Wall. The cooler is over 15 years old, so she has done me well. What I need to know now is this. Where can I get a 10 Gallon round cooler from this week? Anyone have a line on some deals out there?

Ace hardware has them. They probably don't have them in stock though, so you'll have to order from their website. It's $50 and you don't have to pay shipping if there is a store near you because they will ship it right to the store for free.

MTpilot said:
Ace hardware has them. They probably don't have them in stock though, so you'll have to order from their website. It's $50 and you don't have to pay shipping if there is a store near you because they will ship it right to the store for free.

I just did a search and a Looked through every Cooler that Ace carry's. No Luck. This would be GREAT for me as I drive by an Ace Hardware twice everyday. Maybe I am overlooking something. Could you provide a link to a 10 Gallon round cooler from Ace?

I saw plenty of the 10 gal. orange round drinking water collers at home depo yesterday (in Utah). 39.99

If you are only thinking round to prevent warping, you could look at the coleman extreme, they hold the heat great, no blamnkets needed, they have a recesses drain and I have never heard of one warping. I would assume any of the thicker "7 day" coolers would be the same.

0007650134424_215X215.jpg
2949636620101759406S200x200Q85.jpg

2808511080101759406S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks to all for the replies. Superior, I am going the Coleman Extreme route. Looks like it will be big enough for 10 gallon batches, and also the write up for the cooler is great on Ace Hardware's site. Once again, thanks for steering me into the right direction.:mug:

I just bought a 10 gal igloo round cooler from the home depot, they are on clearance for $16 instead of the normal $44.99.

Some one else posted this deal on here, I went and they only had two of the clearance igloo models and a giant pallet of the the new rubbermaid versions.

Just ordered my new Coleman Extreme from Ace Hardware. Saved over $25 by having it shipped to my local store. Yessur!!!

good deal. i was about to suggest calling your local ACE store. ACE is more likely to order an item for you than Lowe's or Home Depot. Ace is still somewhat of a 'neighborhood/mom n' pop' store, and their real advantage is customer service.

i can NEVER find an employee at Home depot or Lowe's to assist me. At Ace, I get asked by about 3 people if I need anything.

Wow that was fast! I ordered my Cooler on Sunday afternoon. I got the phone call alerting me that it landed at my local Ace Store this afternoon, and here she now sits in my Kitchen. Heck of a nice cooler, and Damned fast shipping.:mug: Now all I have to do is finger out what I am going to do to convert this thing into my new MLT...:confused:

Latest posts

Back