Need A Name For My Pilsner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew a Pils and am in search for a good name. Any suggestions?
Its going to be 10 pounds of German Pils, 10 pounds of American Pils with german hops and american hops.
:rockin:

Traditionally, Pilsners are named after the place they are made or after their maker followed by Pils.

Not exactly German-American, but...

The German side of the border was called the "Siegfried Line", and the French side was the "Magenot Line" (maj-en-O). :)

Oh, wait...it just hit me...had to go back a little earlier than WWI/II...

German-American conflict between Geo. Washington and the Hessian troops at Trenton (NJ)...(I'm from So Jersey...;))...

Hessian's Defeat Pilsner
Washington Kicked Butt Here Pils
Hessian's Slumber Pilsner
Surprise At Dawn
Patriot Pils
The Valley Forge-Trenton Affair, nah, too long...:mug:

Make it 9 lbs of German and 11 lbs. of American, use slightly more American hops and call it, "American Victory Pilsner".

If using the original recipe call it "Stalemate Pilsner".

Well if you want German's to like it you might have to name it after The Hoff (David Hasselhoff). No name needed just a picture of The Hoff in leather on the tapper.

Brewed on Sunday everything went well, the only thing I'm worried about now is I used my own harvested lager yeast:-/ Didn't use a starter but pitched anyhow!
Any comments on how the results will end up? will it kick off properly?

Brewed on Sunday everything went well, the only thing I'm worried about now is I used my own harvested lager yeast:-/ Didn't use a starter but pitched anyhow!
Any comments on how the results will end up? will it kick off properly?

I think that will depend if the yeast is pro german, or pro american. I think you are just gonna have to wait and see. Is this the first time you have used harvested yeast? Sometimes, depending on age, it can take a while to start, but I would wait 24-48 hours a pitch more if you see no activity. If you pitched onto a fresh cake you will probably already have activity by now

I think that will depend if the yeast is pro german, or pro american. I think you are just gonna have to wait and see. Is this the first time you have used harvested yeast? Sometimes, depending on age, it can take a while to start, but I would wait 24-48 hours a pitch more if you see no activity. If you pitched onto a fresh cake you will probably already have activity by now

It could be Swiss yeast. :fro:

Thanks!! It is the first time for me using harvested yeast!! It's from my last batch using saflager s-23 about a month ago!! I will wait for the 48 hours! Thanks for the info!!

Back