Need a craft beer list for my wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shroomzofdoom

Reaction score
Yep, getting married this year. After crucifying my future wife and the restaurant over there beer list I was asked to come up with my own. The wedding will be in Atlantic City, NJ so I am stuck with whatever I can get through Eastern US distributors.

The interview with the restaurant was like this:
Mike D: Craft beer is very important to me, so I am hoping you have an extensive beer menu.
Dumb sales broad: Oh we have EVEYRHING: Bud, Bud Lite, Coors, Miller Lite, Corona, Stella, Heineken, Amstel. Yuengling and Sam Adams $20 extra PER PERSON!!!
Mike D: I am NOT serving my guests Budweiser, period. In fact your beers are all lagers--nothing else?
Dumb sales broad: Empty stare

So, I escalate to her manager and sure enough she told me to come up with a list of 4-5 beers. She said that anything I can find in local stores should not be a problem

I actually like Sam and don't mind Yuengling, but what a sad statement on weddings that most people are too cheap to serve decent beer. I hate weddings, all of them suck...it makes me hate my friends. Crappy beer, the funky chicken, and cold chateaubriand all fill me with homicidal rage.

F...that...my special day, I am holding the line.

So, I need some suggestiong. 5 beers, East Coast Distribution, what do I choose?

My first thought was what I like to drink:
Cricket Hill Lager-For the light lager enthusiast
Fort Collins IPA or Goose Island IPA-Both very approachable IPAs
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Rodenbach Grand Cru
Weyerbacher-Blithering Idiot

I would keep the Yuengling, even most BMC drinkers will drink it on occasion. Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale is also very approachable and fairly recognized in South Jersey. The others all sound good, especially the Blithering Idiot. If I could get that for free at a wedding I'd be hammered in no time.

Replace Cricket Hill Lager with Victory Prima Pils

When is the wedding? Nugget Nectar will probably not be available then.

How about something like Ommengang Hennepin? Guest may like to see the corks being popped.

Poll your guests. Ask what they'd like.

I'm getting married this fall too. If my buddies said (and im sure most of them would), "Oh, Miller, Bud whatever's fine. And what the heck is a Nugget Nectar?" I'd skip paying the fortune for good beer.

Good feedback guys...keep it coming.

Wedding is the summer, may go with Troegs Hopback as a moderate alternative to the NN

Also discussing replacing the champagne toast with SA Infinium. Not crazy about the SA Infinium, but I am also not crazy about champagne either. I still wretch when I think of all the sweet champagnes I had to down during toasts---yeccch.

Good feedback guys...keep it coming.

Wedding is the summer, may go with Troegs Hopback as a moderate alternative to the NN

Also discussing replacing the champagne toast with SA Infinium. Not crazy about the SA Infinium, but I am also not crazy about champagne either. I still wretch when I think of all the sweet champagnes I had to down during toasts---yeccch.

Hopback is a great choice... Sunshine Pils will be available then too.

Have you considered something like Lindemans Framboise for the toast? Lots of bubbles, and the red just looks classy!

Latest posts

Back